Live Design Challenge
THE ND2C Live Design Challenge is an exciting live design competition where 5 exceptionally talented, up and coming designers will compete head-on for the chance to kick-start their careers in front of hundreds of design giants and enthusiasts, as well as potential recruiters and buyers.
We take our inspiration from the AIGA’s Command X – which is described as the “Hunger Games” of the Design World. The ND2C Life Design Challenge, however, is in its infancy and based on a flatter structure. The Challenge is, however, no lesser feat so get ready for a face-off you have never experienced before.
How it works:
- 5 applicants will be shortlisted to participate in the Live Design Challenge
- 3 days before Day 1 of the conference, participants will receive an Information Packet with a prompt
- On Day 1 of the conference, participants work on their designs and present to a panel of mentors for critique
- On Day 2 of the conference, participants continue to refine their projects and pitches
- At the end of Day 2, the 5 designers get on stage in front of hundreds of designers and a panel of judges to explain and defend their work
- The winner gets bragging rights for the Designer of the Year Title and a cash prize.
Applications for the Live Design Challenge are open!
- Candidates must be at 18 years old or above
- Candidate must have at least 2 projects at the time of submission that represent his / her strengths. Projects can be in the realm of Graphic Design, Advertising, Video, Animation, App, Website, Print and publication.
- Candidates must have appropriate licenses, rights to the copy, type, images, ideas, videos, music, sounds etc. for work to be submitted
- Candidate must meet all deadlines and requirements
ND2C reserves the right to cancel any shortlisted participant if found in breach of any of the above.